Monday, February 23, 2009

Some More Books I Read

My awesome cousin and dear, dear friend keeps track of all the books she reads.  So, I thought I'd try to do that this year myself. It does seem like a pretty cool way to keep track of the year.

There were these and these.

Since then, here's a quick list:

Savvy, Ingrid Law - A YA book and a pretty good read. I bought it on impulse after reading a review in the Trib.  I didn't think it was as great as the reviewer did.  But I liked it a lot and don't regret the impulse buy.  

Coraline, Neil Gaiman - Awesome.  But SCARY.  Dudes. This book scared me.  I really want to see the movie now, but having read the book - there's no way I'd ever take Laney.  Or maybe I should. Maybe I should start routinely scaring the frak out of her and she could grow up all damaged and tough like Starbuck.  Or not.

Away, Amy Bloom - The aforementioned cousin gave me this book, and I just loved it.   I put it on the highly recommended list.

OK - right now I'm in the middle of a Cory Doctorow book that I totally swiped from one of Laney's friend's Dads.  But, so far I love it.