Saturday, February 13, 2010

Signs You Are Watching Too Much Lost, 1


On Saturdays, I drop Laney off at her Mandarin class and then head over to Panera Bread where I work on my book. I love this time, since it's about the most uninterrupted I can expect to be throughout the week and get most of my quality writing done here.

This morning, I went to the bathroom before ordering and into the stall with the baby changing station. This is the one I usually use, because I can pull the changing table down and set my laptop on it, which strikes me as a better alternative than the floor. So, I pulled the table down and rested my purse and laptop on it and commenced the process of peeing. I looked up at the changing table. Someone had written "The information you requested..." on the side of the changing station in a position that only someone using the toilet would be able to see it.

This struck me as WILDLY portentous.

And then I went to buy my bagel and diet coke and the guy who waited on me was named... (dun dun duuuuuun)... Sayid!

Because I have watched at least two episodes of Lost a night, almost every night, for the past two weeks, I'm now pretty sure that this either means something significant or I am a player in Hurley's twisted catatonic dreams.

Or that I'm watching too much Lost.