Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Thing

A bit before Madonna adopted the cone-bra, I was a freshman in college, sitting in my very first class. Words like "metaphor" and "paradigmatic" were flying around and I found myself saying "Romeo was a sappy loser" (harsh, but true). I was onto something. I stumbled across this casual, colloquial way of talking and it worked for me, man. I wrote papers this way, my grad-school application this way. It was my thing, and I was awesome at it.

Flash forward, and there's all this blogging and facebooking and my thing is the norm. Sucks to be me, though: so many people are way better at it than I ever was.

One of the reasons the Internet is awesome is that it's easy to find a million people just like you. Of course, that's one of the reasons why the Internet is teh suck too.

But I love it and still WANT IN, goddammit.