Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today in Stupid

I'm having a really stupid day and I seem to be unusually unable to deal with it and move on. So, I'm going to indulge in a brief rant.

Mark McGuire fessed up to the whole steroid thing. Let me react with all the eloquence I can muster up from 4th grade: no shit, Sherlock. Of COURSE he was juiced up. What I don't get is why we're supposed to care so much. I was there in '98. We had a blast and we all knew they were juicing. Anyone who claims to be surprised that Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Barry Bonds and their late 90s arms of Suddenly Impressive Hugosity were juicing is either hopelessly naive or lying.

And yet across America people are expressing the same kind betrayal that you might find from the Beave if he'd learned in midlife that Ward had kept a piece on the side (ask your parents... or maybe your grandparents).

You know what would be just tits? If we as a society could have been just as betrayed, you know, when we learned about those fictional weapons of mass destruction.

Speaking of stupid American society: it's an established truth that nothing makes a wingnut happier than pissing off a liberal. So, lookit liberals: if we keep letting Sarah Palin piss us off, she's going to keep poisoning our atmosphere. Stop feeding the troll. From this moment forward, I shall speak of her no more. No matter how hilarious or delicious the gossip is. I'm swearing off Sarah Palin. You should too.

And get over the steroid thing.